17 March 2012

i had a birthday


so i kind of kept it on the downlow here on cupcakes and kale, but last week i had a birthday.  the celebrations spread out over a few days {as i reckon all birthdays should} and included a visit with family, my mom's first go at vegan cupcakes {2 thumbs up mama!}, a snowy walk to feed chickadees, good wine, a lovely surprise vegan dessert from my friend jake and a sushi date with m.
  



it was trรจs low key, but given that i had just returned from a beautiful holiday and was excited to just curl up at home, it was perfect.  bring it on 31.



special thanks to ms. greenboots for capturing our chickadee walk & my candlelit treat.
elephant birthday via.

17 comments:

  1. belated birthday wishes!
    where did you find that pic of elephants, hehe, cute :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isn't it sweet? you can link to the source by clicking on "via" at the bottom of the post.

      Delete
  2. happy birthday!! cool that your mom made vegan cupcakes :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday! i turned 31 last month.=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday ! Low key celebrations are best, imo...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated, dear Jess! All the best for your lovely 31st!

    That sounds like the perfect birthday to me :) Your mum is a cupcake rockstar! Are those hers in the photo?

    By the way, the posts on your trip were fabulous! Thank you for sharing your joyous and delicious trip with us. I'm glad to read that you were able to spend some time travelling with your love.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, my mom IS a total rockstar and yes, those are hers in the photo! i'm so so glad you enjoyed all of my spain posts :) xo

      Delete
  6. Happy birthday! Sounds like lovely times - and I agree - birthday celebrations should last for a little while so we can fully enjoy!

    An Unrefined Vegan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday! I turn 31 this year as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww. Happy birthday to you. I wish I was eating a birthday cupcake right now :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eek, I missed this post! HAPPY BELATED!!! Here's to your 30s {the best years of your life}

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm way behind on your blog, so happy belated belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete