11 June 2012

oh you...

thank you for your blogiversary wishes!  i had every intention of sharing the recipe for that with you today but sadly i lost my notes.  {i guess that's what happens when you get busy with other things for over a week and forget about said good intentions!}  and it's a travesty really, because the cake was awesome.  i do promise a do-over again soon though, as a certain someone i married has a birthday fast approaching.

but this much i can tell you:  it was an agave vanilla cake and the icing was light and coconut-y and topped with more coconut.  and strawberries.  


yum.  in the mean time though, miss caitlin shared her very own amazing strawberry cake from her friend's recent wedding (that she hosted too!  can she be any sweeter?)

here's a little kitchen success from last week - raw swiss chard wraps stuffed with cashew cheese, avocado & arugula pesto & shaved carrots.  so fresh and flavourful, yet so rich from the cashews and avocado. 


and i think this might have been my first ever swiss chard wrap - - - um, hello, what took me so long to join this club???  again, no recipes per say, but it's all about intuitive cooking sometimes, right? 


9 comments:

  1. YUM!!!! that looks so delicious! and those swiss chard wraps....delish! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy blog anniversary. Ha, I lose recipes all the time. Sometimes the notes show up again. I hope you find yours, your cake looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww lady, thank you for the mention <3

    in other news, i love the look of your swiss chard wraps! i can't wait to make them as i'm always at a loss for what to do with the leafy green(it's my least fave). maybe this recipe will make me finally appreciate it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy blogiversary! I anxiously await that cake recipe b/c it looks darn perfect and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jess! Happy belated blogiversary! I'm so glad that your blog exists. Congratulations on creating a beautiful, inspiring and creative place for all of us. You are awesome :)

    Also, the cake looks amazing, tasty, and gorgeous. I love the way coconut looks on frosted cakes. Yum. I also don't make collard wraps as often as I should. I always enjoy eating them so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Jess,
    can you post the recipe for Cashew cheese?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those wraps look so refreshing and so pretty- a perfect thing to serve for a summer party I'm planning. Thank you for the idea! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uh, those veggie wraps look amazing, great idea! (: I really like your blog, it's so packed with pretty pictures and lovely inspiration, thanks for sharing! You are followed (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy (belated) blogiversary. That cake looks so deliciously rich and tasty! I actually picked up some swiss chard to try making wraps last week and I still haven’t done it, I’ve never tried raw chard before and I’m a tad nervous it’s going to be to pungent for my tastes. Filling them up with cashew cheese and pesto sounds like a brilliant idea.

    ReplyDelete