31 December 2012

cupcakes & kale: a year in review

just as the christmas season snuck up on me and past before i knew it had begun, new year's eve is now upon us too.  in all fairness i've had my hands full lately in the best way imaginable.  and this has left me little time to spend blogging, so i thought i'd round out the year with a little year in review wrap up.  this year holds some very special memories for me... 
there was travel!

first to the south of spain....



i shared our excitement from seville here & here,  
cordoba too, 
and i certainly can't forget granada here and here.
and we also snuck away to our beloved nyc for a babymoon trip and to celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversary.



there was sweetness abound!

in the spring i organized the sudbury edition of the world wide vegan bakesale  which was a tremendous success.

there were many sweet goodies baked up and shared on cupcakes and kale too, from scones to cinnamon buns, and in june this little corner of the blogosphere celebrated its 1st birthday.  and yes, there was cake!



and of course there was growth!

in july i spilled the beans announcing my pregnancy!  i still feel blessed to have had such a blissfully comfortable 9 months.  i did my best to share it with you too and if you're interested you can read all of my updates through the following links.
 

vegan pregnancy updates:


there was a big leap too!

 and in the fall i launched  OH MY bakeshop which has been keeping me ever so busy.



and then of course the best part of it all, then came the baby!

our sweet little bean joined us a month ago and the love for him has been overwhelming and oh so awesome.  woodrow, you really are the cat's meow.



i feel so very blessed to have had the year i did.  my belly was always full (in more ways than one) as was my heart.  here's to being thankful for exactly what we have at this very moment, for it is all we really need to find our bliss.

happy, happy new year.
xo

16 comments:

  1. beautiful post. happy new year! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! Woodrow is so cute, as are those curtains! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, i'm 'a smitten with him :) and the curtain fabric was sourced at good old ikea!

      Delete
  3. What a full and wonderful year. Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you heather :) all the best to you for 2013!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous post! I love it and I'm thrilled this year has brought you so much happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new year to you! May 2013 be just as wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i certainly hope so! thank you so much nikki

      Delete
  6. Happy New Year! And what a beautiful baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and a happy, luminous year to you too!

      Delete
  7. Can you post a link to that cake recipe photographed in this post? It looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. here you go!
      http://cupcakesandkale.blogspot.ca/2012/06/agave-maple-sweetened-vanilla-cake.html

      Delete
  8. I love this post... so lovely to see a person thriving, living her bliss! Love to you and W and M. Happy new year!!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey! Someone in my Myspace group shared this website with us so
    I came to give it a look. I'm definitely enjoying the information. I'm bookmarking and will be tweeting this to
    my followers! Wonderful blog and wonderful design.

    Also visit my page; coffee flavor

    ReplyDelete